Cosmetic Dentistry for Children in NJ
Tender Smiles 4 Kids provides cosmetic dental services in Freehold, North Brunswick, Edison, Roselle, and Ocean Township. Call us today to learn more and schedule your appointment.
Whether your child still has their baby teeth, or their permanent teeth have just started coming in, sometimes kids need cosmetic dental services. With busy, active children, accidents can happen causing chipped teeth or discoloration. Even drinks and food can stain teeth. Give your child a brighter smile through cosmetic dentistry. There are many options available, including brightening or reshaping for a whiter, more healthy smile.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dental Services for Children
Even for baby teeth that will be lost, fixing those teeth can still be beneficial. It’s even more important for permanent teeth, as they will ideally have them for the rest of their life. Here are just a few of the many benefits of cosmetic dentistry for kids.
- Cost Effective. Cosmetic services for children’s teeth are designed to be affordable, which is especially beneficial when it comes to baby teeth that will eventually fall out.
- Improved Appearance. School pictures coming up? A wedding? Perhaps your child is self-conscious about his or her smile. Cosmetic dentistry can help your child’s teeth to look brighter and healthier.
- Stronger Teeth. Bonding can strengthen a damaged tooth. In instances of cracked or chipped teeth, bonding can reshape the tooth so that it looks just like the rest of the teeth and functions properly for biting and chewing.
- Convenient. Most cosmetic procedures only require one visit to the dentist.
Tooth Bonding: What it Entails
Cosmetic bonding is the process of filling or restoring teeth with a tooth-colored material in order to maintain a natural appearance. When bonding is used to repair a tooth, the steps to the procedure are as follows:
- Prepare the surface. A liquid is applied to the tooth that lightly etches the surface. It is then rinsed off and the surface of the tooth is dried.
- Resin is applied. Composite resin is a combination of glass and plastic that is colored to match the natural color of the other teeth. This resin is applied to the tooth in small amounts. A special light is used to dry or harden it.
- Shaping and smoothing. After the resin fully sets it can be shaped and smoothed to the proper shape so that it blends in with the rest of the teeth.
- Polishing. The tooth is then polished for a shining, natural look.
Follow-up After Tooth Bonding
Following any tooth bonding procedure extra care should be taken to protect the tooth. The bonding will not be as strong as a natural tooth and is more susceptible to damage or chipping. With proper dental care, bonding will typically last several years. It may eventually need to be replaced as children grow.
Take Home Teeth Whitening:
At TS4K, we offer safe ways to whiten teeth by offering product with lower whitening material concentration to avoid sensitivity. Patient only has to wear semi-custom or custom trays for 30-60 minutes per day for up to 10 days.
Follow-Up After Teeth Whitening
Simply use good oral hygiene. Brush and floss twice daily. To keep teeth whiter for longer, avoid foods and drinks with dyes as well as soft drinks, coffee, and tea. Using a whitening toothpaste can help to remove surface stains on a daily basis. If tooth sensitivity is an issue following whitening, use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth.
Why Visit Tender Smiles 4 Kids for Cosmetic Dentistry?
Tender Smiles 4 Kids pediatric dentistry specializes in treating children from infancy through adolescence, including patients with special care needs. If your child is in need of cosmetic dentistry or any other dental services, call your most convenient Tender Smiles 4 Kids Location today to schedule an appointment:
Freehold Office: 732-625-8080
North Brunswick Office: 732-249-1010
Edison Office: 732-549-3773
Roselle Office: 908-245-5556
Ocean Office: 732-774-7008